Saturday, October 09, 2010

Money-grubbing Conshohocken

Thursday night I went to downtown Conshohocken PA to the Great American Pub.  Now, I know that Whitemarsh Township, which includes at least some of Conshohoken, is rabidly anti-business.  And I certainly suspected that Conshohocken shared that elitest view; desiring to become an upscale residential area.  However, it didn't occure to me that it is anti-consumer business as well.

While having dinner, I got a parking ticket.  Not for a parking meter issue, or for parking in a no-parking area, but for not backing-in.  Now there may be a sign announcing that, but it was dark and I didn't see it.

So, I'll pay the fine to you money grubbing weasels with your too-clever parking polices.  But there are a lot of places to go in the greater Philadelphia area, and you won't see me in your restuarants any time soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not backing in on Spring Mill Ave (the only place in Conshohocken where you have to back into angle parking) amounts to parking facing against traffic! I guess if it is dark and you miss the "yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk" it's ok to "mow" them down too!